Newport Restaurant Week starts…TOMORROW…and I could not be more excited!
Newport Restaurant Week (nptRW) is an event in which restaurants in Newport and Bristol counties offer three-course $16 lunches and $ 35 dinners. Restaurant Week provides a great opportunity to savor the great tastes of indulgent restaurants for the fraction of their normal prices—which is great for a broke college student everyone.
I’ve been perusing the menus posted on Discover Newport’s restaurant week website and I have to say, the options are looking fantastic.
Where do I hope to go in the up coming week? Take a look at my top choices for nptRW!
- Atlantic Beach Club: I mean comm ‘on Thai Mussels, Baked Stuffed Lobster and Dark Chocolate Semifreddo, how could you go wrong?
- Castle Hill Inn (Lunch): Roasted Atlantic Salmon, New England Style Lobster Roll, Portuguese Pork Sandwich…my mouth is watering just reading the menu.
- The Safari Room at OceanCliff: Not only am I drooling over the idea of a three-course meal of Spring Lamb Chops, Pesto Swordfish and Chocolate Lava Cake, the breathtaking views from the restaurant makes this place a must.
- One Bellevue: If their famous Naughty Monkey dessert, Nutella filled crepes with caramelized bananas, walnut and chocolate chip ice cream, warm chocolate ganache and whipped crème, wasn’t enough, take a glace at the Parmesan Encrusted Cod or the Brie and Lump Crab Encrusted Salmon.
- Thames Street Kitchen: The uniquely vibrate menu is intriguing and sometimes nerve-wracking but always delicious. Interested in trying squid with hibiscus and fennel or how about skate with maitake and puffed tapioca—if you’re feeling adventurous TSK is the place to go.
Where will you be eating for Newport Restaurant Week?